Are you trying to lose weight or keep your weight stable – and finding it a struggle? Don’t give up – try these easy to follow tips to help you stay on track.
Top Tip 1: Break old habits and make some new ones
- Find your motivation to change – and remind yourself with a countdown calendar, a photo etc of why you want to change. Stick it on the fridge!
- Mix up your routine (one day go for a walk after lunch, the next day run in the morning, go a different way to the shops)
- Make habits healthier (replace sugary snacks with healthy alternatives, look at my blog entry about savoury energy bars)
- Make small changes, one step at a time – they are more achievable and rewarding
- Be positive about changing habits and reward yourself (not with chocolate though 🙂 – maybe a manicure, a new running top or a DVD)
- Wait 15 min before eating, go for a quick walk beforehand, drink water
- Allow time to form new habits (at least 21 days)
Make small changes for big results!